Ameer Haider Khan Hoti
Central Vice President
Ameer Haider Khan Hoti born on 5th February 1971 is serving as Central Senior Vice President of the Awami National Party (ANP). He has been a member of the National Assembly of Pakistan since August 2018. Previously, he was a member of the National Assembly from June 2013 to May 2018 and a member of the Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa from 2008 to 2013. He served as the Chief Minister of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa from March 2008 to March 2013. He is the son of eminent Pashtun Nationalist Politician and Ex-Senator of the Awami National Party Azam Khan Hoti (Late). He got his early education from Atchison College Lahore and the completed his graduation from Edwards College Peshawar.
He started his political career in 1990 from District Mardan as Deputy General Secretary. In 1994 he was elected as General Secretary of Awami National Party Mardan. He took part in Provincial Assembly Election in 2002 for the first time but was unsuccessful. He was elected as Member of the Provincial Assembly for the first time in 2008 and was made Chief Minister of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. He remained the youngest CM of the Province.
Ameer Haider Khan Hoti has on credit that in Last 60 years Khyber Pakhtunkhwa had Six Universities while only in Five years Awami National Party established Eight more with sub campuses of many universities.
- Bacha Khan University, Charsadda
- Abdul Wali Khan University, Mardan
- Abdul Wali Khan University, Buner Campus (Now University of Buner)
- Abdul Wali Khan University, Jalozai Campus Nowshehra
- Abdul Wali Khan University, Chitral Campus (Now Chitral University)
- Khushal Khan Khattak University, Karak.
- Islamia College University, Peshawar (Upgraded)
- Swat University, Swat
- Swabi University, Swabi.
- Haripur University, Haripur
- Shaheed Benazir Bhutto University, Sheringal Upper Dir
- SBB University, Chitral Campus
- Bacha Khan Medical College, Mardan
- More than 70 new Degree Colleges, in Pakhtunkhwa
- Establishing Pakhtunkhwa Oil and Gas Company (KPOGDCL)
- Baizai Irrigation scheme, will irrigate 25,000 acres land
- Stori da Pakhtunkhwa scheme.
- Nawy Sahar (Laptop) scheme.
- Bacha Khan Khpal Rozgar scheme. Curtailing unemployment in the province.
- Renaming NWFP as Pakhtunkhwa. (Giving Pakhtuns their identity for the 1st time in history)
- Introducing Pashto as a Compulsory subject in the school to secure our Culture and history
- Around 20 Hydropower plans throughout the province
- Kurram Tangi Dam project for Lower Pakhtunkhwa districts
- Mardan Sports Complex, Mardan.
- Abdul Wali Khan Sports Complex, Charsadda
- Renaming Peshawar International Airport as Bacha Khan International Airport (remembering the names of our Heroes)
- Arbab Sikandar Khan fly over Peshawar, a lot of communication projects, by passes and extension of different Hospitals throughout Pakhtunkhwa.
- Establishing Torghar district, Approval of Abaseen division (Battagaram, Kohistan, Torghar, Ogai)
During the ANP’s tenure, only Mardan District got two universities, a medical college, six-degree colleges, including five for women; construction of a district headquarters hospital, a children’s hospital, two major by-pass roads (east and west), intra-city roads, high security prison and Baizai irrigation scheme, which were among the major projects completed in five years.
In 2014, he was elected as Provincial President of the Awami National Party and completed his tenure successfully. He was then elected as Central Senior Vice President of the Party and still serve on the seat. He is also a Member of the National Assembly from NA-21 Mardan.
You can follow Ameer Haider Khan Hoti on social media: